Cao Bang is simply stunning, no wonder I'm captivated! ☺️
📸 Special thanks to the detailed review by Vu Thuy Linh in the Check-in Vietnam group.
I stumbled upon Cao Bang while admiring the photos of red leaves at Ho Ban Ve, Trung Khanh. Enchanted by the magnificent beauty of nature painted with shades of yellow and red, I was determined to plan a visit here during winter.
1. Long-haul Bus: Hanoi - Cao Bang and vice versa, I opted for Hanh Thuyen Bus (single bed option) at a VIP rate of 320k per person. It's reasonably comfortable, with newer and smoother buses. If you're prone to motion sickness, reserving a lower bunk helps reduce the swaying on the mountainous roads.
2. Intra-Cao Bang Travel: I chose to explore on a motorbike to fully immerse myself in the vibrant beauty of the mountains and forests, allowing freedom to leisurely discover the scenic routes of Cao Bang.
• I selected the Primrose Homestay Cao Bang at 18 Hong Viet, P. Hop Giang, Cao Bang. Conveniently located in the city center, near the market and close to Kim Dong pedestrian street, making it incredibly accessible. The hospitable hosts facilitated an early check-in at 5 AM and provided guidance on destinations and routes, making our stay very pleasant.
Detailed Itinerary for Cao Bang:
Day 1: Hanoi - Cao Bang City - Nui Mat Than - Ban Gioc Waterfall - Ho Ban Ve - Cao Bang City (~ 190 km)
• 9 AM: Arrived at Nui Mat Than (Thung Mountain). Follow the path near Thang Hen Lake; there's a sign directing towards Thung Mountain on the right.
A 1.5 km hike or motorbike ride (no cars allowed) led us to this secluded spot. Surrounded by locals' cornfields, the morning sunlight beautifully illuminated the green grassland. It was genuinely surprising; this place felt like a separate world, a peaceful retreat from the chaos of life.
I highly recommend visiting here for relaxation and to rejuvenate amidst the serene surroundings.
• 10:30 AM: Departed for Ban Gioc Waterfall. The journey was scenic and effortless. Visiting the waterfall between 11 AM and 3 PM is recommended as the water release from the dam makes the falls majestic, akin to a canvas painted by nature. This natural wonder, one of the largest in Vietnam and Southeast Asia, left us in awe.
We even hired horses for photography (30k per ride), ensuring unlimited and unrestricted photo sessions. Trust me, this place is exceptionally beautiful; anyone visiting Cao Bang must experience Ban Gioc Waterfall.
• 3 PM: Moved on to Ho Ban Ve, where the winter sunlight paints the scene with enchanting hues of yellow and red leaves. The tranquility and simplicity of this place, especially when less crowded, made for a wonderful experience. Breathing in the fresh air here was truly remarkable.
• 4:30 PM: Returned to Cao Bang City, witnessing a magnificent sunset. The mountains, bathed in a gentle winter sunlight, were covered with vibrant red foliage.
The scenic beauty here during this season is indeed mesmerizing. Cao Bang during this time is truly poetic, don't you agree? I was absolutely enchanted.
How to get there?
Asia Transport specializes in providing private transfer services, offering a range of vehicles such as cars, vans, and bus limousines. Our focus is on ensuring a comfortable and secure journey from Hanoi to Cao Bang, a sought-after destination in Northern Vietnam celebrated for its breathtaking landscapes and rich cultural tapestry.
►42/85 Bat Khoi, Long Bien, Hanoi, Vietnam
►80B Nguyen Van Cu, Long Bien, Hanoi, Vietnam
►www.thuexelimousinehanoi.com - https://www.asiatransport.net/
🏆 Travellers' Choice từ TripAdvisor